Thursday, October 25, 2012

Service Learning



     B.
For my discussion, I will have the class fill out a survey of what they know about Planned Parenthood at the very beginning of the discussion. Then I will provide the class with information about Planned Parenthood and statistics about their health care services and the amount of people that use their services and have benefited from them. I will then have a class discussion about the issue allowing the class to formulate questions, concerns, and comments they may have. If the class gets stuck I will have back-up questions to help keep the discussion moving. Once the discussion is complete, I will have the class take the survey again to see the difference from before and after the discussion. For my service learning project, I will provide links for the class to write letters to congress about Planned Parenthood funding and why the government should provide funding or why they should not provide funding, depending on the individuals belief about Planned Parenthood.

 

D.

     The following information was obtained at… http://www.womenarewatching.org/ (Thanks Anneliese)
I support Planned Parenthood and I signed a pledge to let politicians know that we are watching, which is to make politicians know that we will hold them accountable for women’s health. After the most aggressive legislative assault on women’s health in a generation, it’s up to us to take action to ensure that protecting women’s health is a priority in 2012. Women will determine the fate of this election and the ballot box is where we can and will make a difference. I felt great after signing this pledge, and I know this will make a lot of people pretty mad, but I support the beliefs Planned Parenthood holds and I think every individual should have the right to their own health care choices and that everyone should have the ability to access health care. I feel strongly with Planned Parenthood’s mission to provide health care to every individual and by signing the pledge to show politicians that we will not sit quietly while they attack our health and our rights, was one way for me to get involved and show my support to the organization. Taking the pledge connects with democratic values because as an individual you have the responsibility to vote and support what you feel strongly about and Planned Parenthood is one that I fully support. If you would like to support Planned Parenthood and sign the pledge, please visit the link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment